Microneedling has been one of the gold standards in treating signs of aging. Yet, because of the continuous advancement of technology in the cosmetic world, many developments and innovations have made the treatment more practical and operational.
Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling is one of the emergents revolutionized procedures of skin needling nowadays. But the question is- what is the difference between traditional microneedling with the latest one (radiofrequency)? How about their efficacy and results?
Curious about the difference between the two? Well, don’t go anywhere! I will provide you with facts and information about the hottest microneedling procedure!
Conventional Microneedling vs. Radiofrequency Microneedling
The old-style procedure of microneedling makes use of a unique needling device that creates micro-wounds in the skin, encouraging the body’s therapeutic response. In this way, collagen and elastin induction are instigated, which outrageously stiffens skin and lessens the feature of fine lines and acne scarring. Besides, traditional microneedling combined with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) triggers deeper infiltration of nutrients and growth factors, creating more remarkable results.
On the other hand, RF Microneedling (Morpheus8) combines the elements of fractionated radiofrequency energy to the conventional microneedling procedure in which it is transported via tiny needles. It works by penetrating heat profoundly into the dermis, which helps to stimulate collagen and elastin growth, making the skin tighter and lessening scars. Moreover, because the RF energy is delivered so intensely, it can eliminate unwanted fats producing quicker, vivid results with minimal downtime. Combining both technologies reborn and refreshes skin for natural-looking results.
What makes the Morpheus8 RF Microneedling treatment more advanced?
1. RF Microneedling can treat a Wider Series of Superficial Concerns.
Compared to traditional microneedling, RF microneedling is much better at addressing more significant cosmetic concerns. It can effectively treat acne marks, sun damage, minimize pores, fine lines, folds, stretch marks, and hyperhidrosis.
In fact, numerous studies support the effectiveness of RF Microneedling.
- In a 2014 study, it has been shown that after receiving RF microneedling treatment -almost 60 percent of the participants significantly improve the appearance of acne scars. The same result was yielded in a small 2017 study.
- Another study (2013) about the effectiveness of RF Microneedling in improving the appearance of skin yielded that the procedure reduced wrinkles around the eyes, and the effects lasted longer than Botox injections.
- Furthermore, a 2018 conducted study has shown that RF Microneedling enhances skin texture and minimizes pores.
- Additionally, according to a 2019 study, the Treatment can permanently treat hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
2. Microneedling with radiofrequency is Safer and has no downtime.
The conventional microneedling that we all know is more abrasive to the outermost of the skin, which can result in superficial trauma—leaving the skin red and rough-textured after the treatment. But RF microneedling, on the other hand, has no downtime and is not harmful to the skin.
3. RF Microneedling is a customizable Treatment.
The radiofrequency energy prickle depth is adjustable and personalized specifically to the area on the face or neck. It is an excellent substitute for layers as it can safely be performed for darker skin types.
4. RF Microneedling initiates more collagen growth.
If you consult cosmetic specialists, they prefer more RF Microneedling over the traditional one regarding collagen induction. While traditional microneedling works by damaging the surface layer of the skin to trigger healing, RF microneedling employs radiofrequency waves and heat to increase your collagen levels without harming your skin.
5. With RF Microneedling, only fewer sessions are needed.
RF microneedling often requires fewer sessions to achieve the desired results than patients who go for traditional microneedling. Because radiofrequency microneedling enters the depth layer of the skin and uses heat for effective skin-tightening, which can provide you better results, results may be achieved in as much as a single treatment. For the best outcome, a series of three treatments 3-4 weeks apart are needed.
What skin problems can RF Microneedling treat?
The most common areas that RF Microneedling can treat are the face, neck, chest, and knees. And it can effectively be addressed the following skin concerns.”
- Improved deep lines and wrinkles
- Removing acne and acne marking
- Diminishing damage caused by sun
- Tighten up sag skins
- Balance uneven skin tone & texture
- Minimize pores
- Eliminate stretch marks
What are the things I should know during the Treatment?
The procedure will be conducted in your doctor’s office. Generally, these are the things you need to consider:
- Your attending physician will clean your skin with alcohol to prevent infection.
- They will apply a numbing cream to the treatment area about 1 hour before the procedure. In rare cases, they might introduce a local anesthetic so you won’t feel pain.
- The microneedling device makes tiny lesions in the skin. At the same time, the tip of the needle releases radiofrequency waves into the wounds.
- The procedure only takes about 10 to 20 minutes. The length depends on what kind of concerns you want to be treated.
- Then lastly, your doctor will put on a growth solution to support cell restoration and finish with a calming solution to minimize discomfort.
What are the things I should know after the Treatment?
After the treatment, your doctor will give details on how to care for your skin. This will include the following aftercare tips:
- Using ice packs to lessen swelling and discomfort.
- Apply sun protection creams for several weeks because your skin will be more delicate to the sun.
- Use antibiotic creams or ointments if your doctor says to do so.
- Use a mild cleanser after your Treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup until the next day. You can return to your everyday makeup and
- skincare routine after 24 hours.
Radiofrequency microneedling is used to revitalize and refresh the skin. It can effectively address acne scars and early signs of aging, like fine lines and sagging. It’s also applicable for hyperhidrosis.
So, if you would like to try radiofrequency microneedling, be sure to work with a qualified, competent, and reputable cosmetic specialist. Here at Enchanted Medical Aesthetics, we have the best and very skilled physicians to solve your skin-related concerns! What are you waiting for? Book an appointment today!