Facelifts involve a surgical procedure that addresses facial tissue laxity and sagging. While surgical facelifts can effectively provide a permanent solution to aging concerns, they are invasive and may result in some discomfort during recovery. A comprehensive facelift targets multiple areas of the face, including the neck, jawline, jowls, brow lines, under eyes, cheeks, and forehead, and can result in a more youthful appearance.
A surgical facelift typically costs at least $10,000 or more; the recovery period can be lengthy. However, if the procedure is performed correctly, the results can last up to seven to ten years, taking almost a decade off your appearance.
If you seek an alternative to surgical facelifts, consider non-invasive procedures offered by professionals such as Enchanted Medical Aesthetics. These treatments can provide effective results with minimal downtime.
There are different types of threads used in these treatments, including polydioxanone (PDO), polylactic acid (PLA), and polycaprolactone (PCA) threads. PDO threads are the most commonly used and have been popular since the 1980s. They are made from polyester and typically break down after about six months. When used in cosmetic treatments, PDO threads stimulate fibroblasts to produce collagen, a protein that provides structure and elasticity to the skin.
By lifting and smoothing the skin, PDO threads can effectively reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. Other types of threads may also be used depending on the specific needs and goals of the individual. Overall, facial rejuvenation treatments with threading materials can help enhance your appearance and boost your confidence.
Benefits Of A Thread Lift
Thread lifts can provide a quick and effective solution for achieving a more youthful and refreshed appearance. Some of the benefits of this procedure include:
- Quick Procedure: The thread lift procedure takes around an hour to complete. Some patients consider it a “lunchtime facelift” due to its convenience.
- Minimally Invasive: Unlike traditional cosmetic surgeries, thread lifts are minimally invasive and do not require any cuts. This means that the risks of infection and scarring are significantly lower.
- No Anesthesia: Although a topical anesthetic may be applied to the skin before the procedure, complete anesthesia is unnecessary.
- Little to No Recovery Time: While there may be some mild swelling and redness following the procedure, this typically resolves within a few days and certainly less than a week. This is in contrast to facelift surgery, which can require up to three months of recovery time.
- Less Painful: Thread lifts involve no deep cutting, resulting in less bruising and swelling than traditional facelifts.
- Versatile Treatment: Thread lifts can be performed on various face areas, including near the eyes, jaw, cheeks, and cheekbones.
Downsides Of A Thread Lift
While thread lifts offer many benefits, there are also some downsides to consider, including:
- Temporary Effects: Unlike a traditional surgical facelift, which can provide long-lasting results, the effects of a thread lift typically only last between six months to two years.
- Best for Early Signs of Aging: Thread lifts are generally most effective for patients in the 35-55 age group experiencing early signs of aging.
- Minor Surgery: Although it is a minimally invasive procedure, a thread lift is still a minor surgery that carries some risks, including infection, temporary discomfort, bruising, and skin rippling.
- Subtle Effects: While some patients may appreciate the subtle effects of a thread lift, others may prefer a more dramatic change.
Types Of PDO Threads
When threads are inserted under your skin during a thread lift, your body’s natural healing response is triggered. The suture material is recognized by your body, which then stimulates collagen production in the lifted areas. Collagen fills gaps in sagging skin and helps restore a more youthful appearance to your face.
The medical-grade suture material is injected into your skin using housing needles or cannulas during a thread lift procedure. This minimally invasive procedure is an excellent alternative to traditional surgical facelifts. Thread lifts produce immediate results and also trigger long-term collagen production.
PDO threads are made from polymer polydioxanone and come in three main textures. Mono threads are single smooth thread that provides a slight lift. Cog threads have barbs that lift skin tissue and activate collagen production. Screw threads have one or two intertwined threads that provide lift and volume to the treated area. All three types of threads are flexible, dissolvable, and safe for use in thread lift procedures.
Mono threads are smooth and have no barbs. These threads are placed into your face mesh-like for the skin-lifting effect. Skin tightening and lifting improve after collagen starts forming around the threads. Treatment areas are necklines, neck sagginess, forehead, and under the eyes. The threads are attached to an anchor point of the scalp or face.
Cog threads are mono threads with barbs to hook to the underside of your skin. The barbs are a support system that lifts sagging tissue. Collagen forms around cog threads and barbs, increasing the lifting effect. Cog threads are perfect for jawline lifting and slimming.
Thread lifts use medical-grade suture material with invisible and painless barbs grabbing onto your skin. These barbs ensure the thread grips the underlying tissues and muscles as the threads are pulled tight. In addition, the threads and barbs lift your skin and reduce wrinkling.
Tornado or Screw Threads
Screw threads come with one or two threads intertwined together around the needle. These types of threads give volume to recessed areas of the skin. Screw threads are used for general face lifting.
How Is A Thread Lift Performed?
Medical-grade threads are placed under the skin to pull the skin into position. Threads activate the body’s natural healing response and trigger collagen. Fine needles or cannulas are used to position the threads under the skin.
If you believe a thread lift answers wrinkled and sagging skin, contact Enchanted Medical Aesthetics for more information. We can be reached on our website at aesthetics.com. You can also call us at 386-317-1449